Ever wondering how can you make a special menu for your articles in specific category ? Indeed, I am confused how to do so in wordpress at first. Even after searching and find an article on how to do it, I did it and fail. The problem is mainly because I can’t differ between page and menus. So actually, a page, ‘About me’ page for example, is a static page, you can fill whatever you want in that page, but you can’t add posts(unless you only want links to your posts). While in menus you can see that the pages is automatically added to menu. In menus you can check or uncheck the pages you want to be displayed in the appearance of your wordpress blog. And what we want here is adding the articles with the same category to a menu. Well, after some time, yes, I finally did make the menus according to the categories! And it’s actually pretty simple, you just click click click and it’s done. Well because I experience it myself, let me just guide you through these simple steps :
1. Go to yourblogname.wordpress.com/wp-admin/
2. Then go to yourblogname.wordpress.com/wp-admin/nav-menus.php
See the menus on the left side of the dashboard, hover your mouse to appearance >> Menus
3. Your computer / tablet/ smartphone screen will look like this :
Click on Categories
5. The Essay category will pop out with grey colour.
6. You can easily change the category’s name to a new name by clicking on category in that grey box. Just change the name to the name you want to be displayed. Once you are done, you can click Save Menu
That’s all it takes to make menus filled with articles from certain category. Hope this helps and Good Luck on trying!